BRCK How To’s: Registration
Here's a link to a new series of BRCK videos called BRCK: How To’s!
We’re kicking things off with a step-by-step walkthrough of the first thing you’ll want to do when you get your BRCK: register it. Learn everything from what the lights mean to how to handle some commonly encountered issues. Enjoy, and see below for a transcript of the registration process!
To setup your BRCK for the first time, plug it in and turn it on. The lights will tell you what it is doing:
The center light tells you your power status:
- Red < 10%
- Yellow < 40%
- Green < 95%
- Blue < 100%
- Pulsing indicates that your BRCK is charging.
The outer lights indicate your connection status:
- Spinning means the BRCK is searching for a connection.
- Solid outer lights mean your BRCK has established a connection. The outer ring will pulse at a rate that indicates your connection speed.
- Orange is for the BRCK’s internal startup process.
- Purple is for Ethernet connections.
- Green is for WiFi bridging.
- Blue is for 3G.
Visit my.brck.com/help for a helpful guide to the color scheme.
To register your BRCK, it needs to be connected to the Internet. After you turn it on, do one of the following:
- Plug in an Ethernet cable from another modem or router.
- Insert a data enabled SIM card.
- Or use the local dashboard to configure a WiFi bridge (more on this below).
Go to your WiFi list and look for your BRCK. It will appear as “BRCK_somelongstringofnumbers”.
Connect to it, open your browser and go to my.brck.com.
If you have an Ethernet or SIM connection, you will be taken to the registration page and can skip the next step.
If you do NOT have an Ethernet or SIM connection, you will be redirected to the local dashboard where you can configure a WiFi bridge:
Click “View” under WiFi.
- Select your network.
- Enter your password.
- Click join.
- Wait patiently while your BRCK configures these changes (this can take several minutes).
Once you are directed to the registration page, click “Sign up”.
- Enter your name, email, and choose a password.
- Click “Create account”.
- Once your BRCK has finished applying these changes, click “Go to your dashboard”.
You will be taken to the cloud dashboard for your BRCK, where you can see statistics regarding your power status, data usage, and devices connected to your BRCK.
Click on “Preferences” in the left hand pane to change your connection configuration.
- To change the name of the WiFi network your BRCK broadcasts, click in the box under “WiFi Name”.
- Enter a new name, set a password, and click “Save”.
- You may see an error message at this point. This happens because once you’ve changed the name of your BRCK’s WiFi network, your computer will lose the connection to it and the cloud dashboard.
To reconnect to your BRCK’s new WiFi network:
- Open your WiFi list.
- Your BRCK’s new WiFi name should appear shortly.
- Connect to it, et voila!
Congratulations, your BRCK is now registered! You can access the Internet, the cloud dashboard, and configure your BRCK from anywhere in the world.