BRCK GPIO EXPANSION DATASHEET
The BRCK 50-pin GPIO expansion is based on the Arduino compatible programmable ATmega32U4 8-bit AVR microprocessor. The microprocessor has a 16MHz crystal oscillator, 32KB of flash memory, 2.5KB of SRAM and 1KB of EEPROM.
The expansion pins include 19 general purpose input/output (PWM outputs, analog and digital pins), a USB port and hardware serial ports which support I2C UART and SPI communication modes. In addition, there is a power input port (4-18V) and two 5V power outputs (one via USB) with maximum supply current of 500mA.
The desired hardware expansion can be connected to the relevant expansion pins and an Arduino sketch for the application can be uploaded directly through the BRCK cloud.
• Arduino-compatible Programmable 8-bit AVR Expansion Controller
• 32 KB flash memory, 2.5KB SRAM, 1KB EEPROM
• Programming of flash, EEPROM, fuses and lock bits through JTAG interface
• Standardized 50-pin connector with open-hardware pin-out
• 19 General Purpose I/O pins (A/D pins, PWM outputs, etc.)
• Two 5V 500mA power outputs
• Real Time Clock
• 4-18V power input port
• 16MHz clock speed
• USB-host port
• I2C, UART and SPI communication modes supported
The GPIO port is a 50-position female Samtec connector, ERF8 which mates with a 50-position male Samtec connector ERM8. Figure 1 is a pin-out diagram of the female connector that terminates the BRCK GPIO Expansion.
Figure 1: GPIO pinout diagram
Table 1: GPIO-ATmega32U4 pin mapping
Figure 2: ATmega32U4 Microcontroller pinout diagram
For detailed information about the microprocessor, see the ATmega32U4 Datasheet
We also make BRCK GPIO Expansion Boards which are compatible with Arduino Shields. The boards have header pin and screw terminal connectors for all the I/O and power input/output pins in addition to a USB (power and data) connector.
Table 2: GPIO Absolute Maximum Ratings
Figure 3: BRCK Block Diagram
• Sensing (temperature, sound, motion, pressure, light, C02 etc.)
• Data acquisition
• Weather Station